Every time you sit down to eat a Paleo dinner, what is your biggest complaint about the food? For most people, the biggest complaint is related to the amount of flavor that is within your dinner compared to some of the other experiences that you’ve had. Of course, we are filled with spices, curries, and all kinds of other great foods with our modern dietary focus.
Whenever someone goes Paleo and starts to cook, suddenly things don’t taste as good as they did in the past. This is not only a fallacy, but a quickly remedied problem. The answer: mushrooms!
Mushrooms are not only a healthy food, but a great tasting one as well. When you cook mushrooms with any other type of food, it is a flavor enhancer that can enhance your experience manifold. Here are a few reasons why mushrooms are so effective.
- They help your brain – many people who utilize mushrooms opt for healthful cognitive enhancing options. For example, a mushroom called lion’s mane mushroom is a perfect example of a fungus that can have drastic cognitive effects, but tastes good as well. A few weeks ago, I spoke with a woman in Canada who had run across a huge batch of lions mane mushrooms. She picked them, cooked them, and within a few weeks her debilitating headaches were gone. The key is that some of these mushrooms, such as lion’s mane, can increase nerve growth factor (NGF), which is key for building new connections.
- They act as adaptogens – many of the medicinal nootropics are considered adaptogenic herbs. Among many of the experts on Huffington post, these top nootropics are not only useful because they can help in the short-term, but the long term as well. In that list of top nootropics are a whole series of medicinal mushrooms, which can be helpful for improving brain health.
- They are age-old – the top 2 reasons we have already explained may create skepticism, but these are some of the oldest supplements that humans have been taking. Traditional Chinese medicine and a host of other types of people have been using medicinal mushrooms for decades in order to improve their cognitive performance and do their best with what they have.
- They taste great – as we have already said, mushrooms of all kinds taste great when you cook them the right way. The only problem is when you start using extracts and powders, but even then they aren’t so bad. Either way, make sure you add plenty of butter to any mushroom dish and it will take on that flavor and more!
- They are affordable – the best part about all types of mushrooms (both medicinal and culinary) are the low costs. It is possible to get great quality mushrooms at a fraction of the cost of other ingredients. As you will find from visiting the store, it is great to find recipes that have these kinds of fungi. When it comes to medicinal mushrooms, they are great too. Consider the noopept effects are quite similar to that of lion’s mane mushroom, but the noopept is more expensive. You definitely want to find noopept that is more affordable, but the mushrooms are cheaper and thus better in our opinion!
Now that you have an overview of a few reasons why you should buy mushrooms in order to add to your Paleo diet, you just need to find the right recipes! Luckily, you’re in the right place.